In order to debug a set of issues with agents not logging in correctly, we often ask users to provide an activity trace. Here is how you should do it.
First and foremost, you should take an activity trace only when the PBX is idle; otherwise a number of unrelated log lines are inserted and it is hard to understand the result.
You should open the queue_log
file on the PBX that is located in /var/log/asterisk/queue_log
- you could e.g. issue the command:
tail -f /var/log/asterisk/queue_log
that will display the new lines being appended.
What you do now is:
- You log the agent on (from either the QM agent's page or your own login scripts)
- You send a call to the agent; have the agent answer it and hang up
- You set a status code for the call
- You pause the agent (from either the QM agent's page or your own scripts). If you do it from the QM web interface, do set a pause code.
- After a few seconds, you unpause the agent
- You log the agent off
You can now send Loway the resulting logs, from which it is possible to understand what is going wrong.